1. Chose leaner cuts of meat
2. Downsize meat portions. Choose low fat cheeses.
3. Cook with olive or vegetable oil instead of butter or margarine.
4. Use tofu or nuts in stir-fries instead of meats.
5. Try adding a slice of avocado instead of cheese to a sandwich.
6. Enjoy a baked potato instead of fries, and some low fat yogurt instead of sour cream.
7. Switch to a lower fat milk.
8. Substitute butter milk instead of mayonnaise in salad dressings, or instead of butter in mashed potatoes.
9. Add more beans and vegetables to casseroles and chilli.
10. Enjoy fruit served with frozen sherbet or low fat frozen yogurt instead of ice-cream for dessert.